Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Peeling skin
Jun 29, 2000

The week of June 4th, the skin on my hands and the tops of my feet, was very tight. That Saturday, I noticed a rash that was beneath the skin and itched tremendously. In about 3 or 4 days the rash was gone.

4 days ago the palms of my hands and the tops of my feet, started to peel. My last tcell count was 326 and my viral load was 51600.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The tightness was edema (excess fluid in body tissues), and often peeling follows a rash. This may have been due to a relatively new medicine, an allergic reaction to something in the environment (like a new brand of laundry detergent), an infection or a skin disease. Without more information, there is no way to tell what triggered the rash. Check with your physician to figure this out.

Previous
Mosquito Bites Are Much Bigger Since AIDS
Next
Nothing seems to work

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.