Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Peeling skin

The week of June 4th, the skin on my hands and the tops of my feet, was very tight. That Saturday, I noticed a rash that was beneath the skin and itched tremendously. In about 3 or 4 days the rash was gone.

4 days ago the palms of my hands and the tops of my feet, started to peel. My last tcell count was 326 and my viral load was 51600.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The tightness was edema (excess fluid in body tissues), and often peeling follows a rash. This may have been due to a relatively new medicine, an allergic reaction to something in the environment (like a new brand of laundry detergent), an infection or a skin disease. Without more information, there is no way to tell what triggered the rash. Check with your physician to figure this out.

Mosquito Bites Are Much Bigger Since AIDS
Nothing seems to work