Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Signs of HIV?

Well I read all of the questions asked by other people, and I know I should just go ahead and get tested...BUT, about 7 months ago I had unprotected sex with this guy (I am female) and since then I've experienced these weird symptoms. I just want to know what your opinion is...I bruise easily, I have 4 very tiny red spots on my hands (about the size of a needle prick), they aren't raised up, just a red speck with some redness surrounding it.....very small though, and they've been there for about 4 months, I felt a blister (not painful) in my mouth that lasted 1-2 days, my lymph nodes just recently started feeling sore (happened yesterday) and I feel tired all the time. For about 3 months, my nose would run all the time, but I felt fine (I wasn't tired then) but literally, after every meal (not spicy ones) my nose would always run. I know I need to get tested, but what do you think about these symptoms, leukemia?, hiv?, mono?...My boyfriend says if he rubs up against me in the middle of the night, I'm burning up, but I don't sweat, and I've always been like that. My nails are brittle, and about 5 yrs ago I was told I was anemic. Lately my neck and back are sore. God, I know I'm freaking out, and that you'll tell me to just go get tested, and practice safe sex, but I'm so scared of what the results will be. PLEASE RESPOND!!!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

These symptoms are most likely anxiety or normal reactions(lots of people get runny noses with spicy food, including myself). There is no substitute for knowledge, and eating your heart out over every little twitch you experience isn't making you feel any better. So bite the bullet and.... get tested. The odds are you're HIV-, and if you're not, the sooner you find out and get treated, the better off you'll be.

How long can rectal ulcers last?
Mosquito Bites Are Much Bigger Since AIDS