Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Cytomegalovirus symptoms

I have a problem with one eye and the eye specialists seem to think it's an allergy. However, I've been looking around the net and some of the symptoms are similar to Cytomegalovirus or CMV.

My eyelid is a bit swollen, it feels like there's something in there and yesterday I pulled out a tiny bit of mucus or something from inside the bottom lid. It tears all day, but it's not really tears, more like some kind of oil or mucus from the inner corner. I don't see white spots but I'm thinking maybe only because it's early?

I did some more research and found blepharitis as well and it sounds like it can be this as well.

Can you tell me if this sounds like either of these?

Thanks

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Your problem doesn't sound like CMV -- blepharitis or allergies are a much better fit with your symptoms.

Resistant thrush with multiple OI's
How long can rectal ulcers last?