Jul 25, 2000
What is it?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It stands for Mycobacterium avium intracellulare, also known as MAC (the "c" stands for "complex"). It is a germ related to TB that causes infection in AIDS patients. If you need more details, please check out the other resources at The Body and its links to other sites.
What's going on?
Problems with high air temperature
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Condom Slipped
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Touching Anus Should I Get Tested
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Topping?
- Are White Bumps On Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.