Jul 25, 2000
What is it?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It stands for Mycobacterium avium intracellulare, also known as MAC (the "c" stands for "complex"). It is a germ related to TB that causes infection in AIDS patients. If you need more details, please check out the other resources at The Body and its links to other sites.
What's going on?
Problems with high air temperature
- Can You Recover From Hiv?
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv With Hangnail
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.