Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Inflamed liver

I've seemed to have stumped my doctors with this problem. My liver enzymes are high up in the 200-300's. I've stopped most of my meds and my enzymes are still high. I'm taking prednisone, prevacid, ambien and Bactrim. I've also had gallium scan, ultrasounds, lots of blood cultures and a liver biopsy. They were not able to find anything. I'm Hep B+C negative. I have 18 t-cell and about 600,000 viral load now. I'm going for an ercp next week. Is there anything you can come up with to help my doctor?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I would suggest to you and your doctor that all your medications be stopped. Bactrim, for example, can also cause hepatitis. To protect you against PCP while you are off your other medications, you could get a monthly aerosol pentamidine treatment. Good luck!

Viral Load/Cell Count vs. O.I.'s
pcp and travel