|Confused about genital herpes on my thigh.
May 17, 2001
I have had a small group of lesions on my thigh that have been reoccuring for about 4 years. I was recently told that this was genital herpes. I have never had any symptoms of herpes in my genital area before. How can I have this diagnosis now and can I transmit this sexually if I do not wear a condom?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Herpes can sometimes occur on skin surfaces that are near but not quite within the genital area, and it is possible that you don't get genital outbreaks. You can transmit the herpes to a partner if your lesions are active and if your partner's genital area comes into contact with the lesions.
JC Virus, needle stick
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.