May 17, 2001
I need to know how HPV is transfered from woman to woman? I have beed told that it is contaigous, however no one can tell me how. Also is it possible to get HPV in the mouth? and if so what would it look like the break out on the genetial area?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
HPV, the virus that causes genital warts, is transmitted by close contact, regardless of the sex of the transmitter and 'transmittee'. It can occur in the mouth and looks like white scar tissue there. In the genital area, warts look like fleshy bumps or gowths.
Can KS kill you?
Thrush after infection?
- When Is Hpv Most Transmittable?
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.