|Can KS kill you?
May 17, 2001
Can KS kill you if left untreated? Can an HIV+ body reconstitute itself, through exercise and nutrition, in such a way that it is able to combat KS on its own? At what stage of Aids can you expect to develop KS?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
KS can kill you if it develops in one of your internal organs, such as the lung. Nutrition and exercise alone will not control KS. KS defines AIDS, not the other way around-- so if you have KS, regardless of the T cell count, you have AIDS. KS is more common, though, among HIV+ people with low T cells.
- Massage And HIV Transmission Risk
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Cut On Hand
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Are Purple Spots An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.