May 17, 2001
My HIV status is unknown. I am currently suffering from what I believe is neuropathy. I have been researching my symptoms on the web and all indications point to neuropathy. I have some loss of feeling in my thumb and lower forearm area and my hand seems to "fall asleep" faster than usual. I am very scared that this may be a sign of HIV please help!!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
HIV-associated peripheral neuropathy starts in the toes, not the hand, and affects both feet equally.
What is HTLV?
Cuts and healing
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- What Are The Causes Of Recurring Shingles?
- How To Tell Partner You Have Chlamydia?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Syphilis Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.