May 17, 2001
My HIV status is unknown. I am currently suffering from what I believe is neuropathy. I have been researching my symptoms on the web and all indications point to neuropathy. I have some loss of feeling in my thumb and lower forearm area and my hand seems to "fall asleep" faster than usual. I am very scared that this may be a sign of HIV please help!!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
HIV-associated peripheral neuropathy starts in the toes, not the hand, and affects both feet equally.
What is HTLV?
Cuts and healing
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Type Of Specialist To See Regarding Shingles?
- What Percent Of Americans Have Herpes?
- What If I've Never Had Sex And I Have Herpes?
- What Can't You Do With Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.