|pap smear - how long for it to become abnormal????
May 9, 2001
How long would it take for your pap smear to be abnormal after being HIV infected?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
There is no specific interval between HIV infection and developing an abnormal Pap smear. Remember that HIV- women can also have abnormal Pap smears, it just is more common among HIV+s. That's why it is recommended to have one done every 6 months if you're HIV+, instead of every 12 months.
What is HTLV?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- What If You Have Chlamydia For Over A Year?
- What Color Is Chlamydia Discharge?
- What Antibiotics Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.