|pap smear - how long for it to become abnormal????
May 9, 2001
How long would it take for your pap smear to be abnormal after being HIV infected?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
There is no specific interval between HIV infection and developing an abnormal Pap smear. Remember that HIV- women can also have abnormal Pap smears, it just is more common among HIV+s. That's why it is recommended to have one done every 6 months if you're HIV+, instead of every 12 months.
What is HTLV?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Blowjob?
- Dry Cough Sign Of Ars
- Is Sinus Infection An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.