Apr 25, 2001
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Hair loss and nail changes have been described with some HIV meds, especially indinavir (Crixivan) and AZT (Retrovir). Stress can also cause hair loss. I have a patient who can tell that her viral load is increasing when her hair starts falling out. There are multiple possible causes of hair loss.
MONO SPOT Positive
healthy two-year old with localized neck mac infectionm
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Prickling Tingle Symptoms In Vagina
- Vaginal Discharge Viral Infection Complications
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.