|MONO SPOT Positive
Apr 25, 2001
Hi Dr thanx for reading this. If i tested positive to a mono test does this mean that HIV could be one of the viruses detected. Ive had neg hiv at 2 and 3 months but still have sore head and swallon glands. after 3 months.I am waiting for ebtein barr results. Could this be related to hiv after a negative hiv result.
Thank for your time.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The monospot test is for infectious mononucleosis caused by Epstein Barr virus (EBV), not HIV. The only 'connection' between HIV and EBV is that HIV can cause a mono-like illness, characterized by fever, aches, sore throat, rash, etc.
KS still being diagnosed?
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.