|KS still being diagnosed?
Apr 25, 2001
Do I need to worry about KS anymore? I mean I've been infected for 4 years. Should I always check my body for strange spots? I'm a gay man, but I wasn't and am not promiscuious.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
KS is still being diagnosed, although much less frequently. You don't say whether you are on combination therapy for HIV-- KS is rare among HIV+s that have responded well to HIV treatment. If you're not getting treated for HIV, then continuing to check is not a bad idea.
MONO SPOT Positive
- What Is The Fastest Growing Std?
- Will Douching Get Rid Of This Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes?
- 7 Week Negative Rapid Blood Test After Low Risk Exposure
- How Effective Is Pep If Taken 24 Hours After Exposure?
- How Many People Worldwide Are Infected With HIV Each Day?
- Is Parotid Gland Swelling A Symptom Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.