|Folliculitis vs. STD Transmission
Apr 25, 2001
I understand that the presence of STDs increase the chance of transmission of HIV. Would the presence of folliculitus in the genital area act similar to an STD as far as increasing the chances transmission, from a male's perspective.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
There are no data about the risk of folliculitis that I'm aware of, but I think it's unlikely. The increased risk for HIV with STDs is primarily linked to STDs that cause ulcerations, such as herpes.
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Chancroid Statistics
- Constant Vaginal Bleeding No Pain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.