Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Blood counts

I have been diagnosed with AIDS since 11/00 and have been diagnosed with PCP and MAC. I've been taking Nelfinivir, Combivir, Myambutol, Biaxin, Mycobutin, Bactrim, Elavil (for Neuropathy), Prednisone (5mg), and injections of Neupogen (2X/wk), and Epogen (1X/wk). My question is in regards to my latest lab work. I have continued to improve since last November going from 130lbs then to 177lbs today. Although there have been some improvements in my WBC and RBC counts, my doctor seems concerned now about very high levels of something called "eosinophylls". Apparently they have increased steadily since January (8 - 10 - 18)and now at 32. He suspects parasites but to be honest I don't understand if this is related to any of my past OI's or if it may be a sign of a new OI. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

An elevated eosinophil count is a common reaction that some people have to medication, and you are certainly taking plenty of that. It can also occur in some parasitic infections, but with your weight gain I think it's only a medication reaction and nothing to worry about.

how to diagnose candida esophagitis?
Folliculitis vs. STD Transmission