Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

how often to take Viracept?

I am on viracept and combivir and am undetectible, I take 5 viracept and one combivir in the morning and the same at night. Well my doc wanted me to start 3 vir. in the morning with 1 com. 3 at noon and 3 at night of course with 1 com.well that only adds to 9 viracept total for the day. Do you think that would affect me being undetectible? He says the reson is it is bad to tak so many pills at once and docters are trying to reduce so many at once. WellI have kept my normal dose being afraid that it will messme up what do you think?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If you are comfortable and happy taking 5 nelfinavir tablets (Viracept) twice a day than taking 3 tablets 3 times a day, then stiick with what you're doing. More people tend to forget the midday dose when there are 3 doses per day, so I actually think you risk becoming detectible if you switch your drug schedule around. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it.)

feeling hot and diarrhea from HIV meds?
what is neuropathy?