Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

lymph system

Please tell me why there arent more studies ith the lymph system. I have an enlarged perotid node by my right ear ahve been taking meds it has not gone down. 1.does hiv replicate in the nodes making it swell or 2 are they swollen because they are fighting too fast for drainage I have tried all sorts of drainage techiques but not worked and I have the feeling that it is hiv attacking the lymph but not sure I had a neck lymph biopsied and they found nothing and just said it was very reactive I also read that there is more lymph fluid in the body than blood .do the meds i.e. zerit epivir and viramune also go to the lymph system or do they just fight it in the blood stream. thanks

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Many many disease processes involve lymph nodes, including HIV and other infections. HIV does indeed replicate in lymph nodes which is why they look "reactive" when examined closely, because cells in the lymph node are reacting to the presence of the HIV. The only reason to drain a lymph node is when it is full of pus, so don't monkey around with your nodes. The HIV drugs get into your blood and from there, into other body systems-- they don't only have an effect on the blood compartment.

penis 'pimples'?
chronic upper back aches