Apr 15, 2001
Is it normal for an HIV + person to shed of his Herpes virus. Or will the herpes just keep getting worse due to poor immune system?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Herpes infections are not curable even in HIV-s; once you have the herpes virus, you have it for life. With suppressive medication for herpes it is possible to control the frequency and severity of the outbreaks whether you are HIV+ or -. If this is a problem for you, ask your doctor about suppressive medication.
Recurrent fixed drug eruption?
- Is Sore On Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Purple Spots Could I Have HIV
- Thrush Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.