Apr 15, 2001
Is it normal for an HIV + person to shed of his Herpes virus. Or will the herpes just keep getting worse due to poor immune system?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Herpes infections are not curable even in HIV-s; once you have the herpes virus, you have it for life. With suppressive medication for herpes it is possible to control the frequency and severity of the outbreaks whether you are HIV+ or -. If this is a problem for you, ask your doctor about suppressive medication.
Recurrent fixed drug eruption?
- Is Itchy Skin An Early Sign Of HIV?
- White Bumps On Penis Worried It Could Be AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.