|Crohn's disease versus herpes
Apr 13, 2001
I have Chron's and have just been diagnosed with HIV ( I guess actually AIDS since my t cell count is 80). I seem to be having a flare up - my anal area is inflamed and very painful. Now I'm wondering if this could be herpes?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The only way to get an answer to your question is to see a doctor for a careful examination and possibly a culture for herpes simplex virus. With 80 T cells, you are vulnerable to severe and persistent herpes infections, so please get this evaluated as soon as possible.
Bleeding rectal ulcers
- How Do I Take Care Of Herpes?
- Oral Ulcers After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Shingles After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.