Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Cherry/blood spots

I having been looking for a description of what very tiny (about 1mm) red blood/cherry spots were and found one which said they were nothing to worry about and you get them as you get older. But then the Dr mentioned that people with HIV can get something which looks similar, is this true and how similar does it look like.

Many thanks in advance

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Since I can't see your 'spots', I can't say whether they look like Kaposi's sarcoma or bacterial angiomatosis, which are reddish-purplish skin lesions in HIV+s, except that 1 mm is awfully small for either of the two HIV-related problems.

No Herpes for 14 months
Crohn's disease versus herpes