Apr 13, 2001
I having been looking for a description of what very tiny (about 1mm) red blood/cherry spots were and found one which said they were nothing to worry about and you get them as you get older. But then the Dr mentioned that people with HIV can get something which looks similar, is this true and how similar does it look like.
Many thanks in advance
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Since I can't see your 'spots', I can't say whether they look like Kaposi's sarcoma or bacterial angiomatosis, which are reddish-purplish skin lesions in HIV+s, except that 1 mm is awfully small for either of the two HIV-related problems.
No Herpes for 14 months
Crohn's disease versus herpes
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.