|No Herpes for 14 months
Apr 13, 2001
I have had no herpes outbreak for almost 14 months now. What would this mean? I have never been on medication neither have I had severe outbreaks. The worst I have had is like 10 blisters bunched together.
Also would PAP smear show any infection of HIV or HEp.?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Herpes ofetn "burns out" by itslef, becoming less common as your body gets used to it, so your experience is not unusual.
A Pap smear will demonstrate precancerous abnormalities of cervical cells, but will not reveal anything about HIV or hepatitis.
- Vaginal Secretions And HIV Transmission Risk
- Are White Bumps On Penis An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Could Itchy Skin Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Could Thrush Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.