Apr 13, 2001
I have dealt with folliculitis on/off for the last 8 years. It worsens in the summertime. It's not severe, however, now I notice that it affects my scalp. The only places that I have it are on my forearms, thighs, and scalp. What is the best solution to clear up this embarrassing problem.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Are you sure that's the correct diagnosis? I have never seen folliculitis on the scalp. And if it is folliculitis, the optimal treatment depends on whether it's bacterial or eosinophilic. I suggest you see a skin doctor for an accurate diagnosis and specific therapy.
A Few White Bumps Just Inside Of My Rectum
No Herpes for 14 months
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Condoms Cause Allergies?
- Is Brown Discharge A Symptom Of Vaginal Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.