Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Folliculitis

I have dealt with folliculitis on/off for the last 8 years. It worsens in the summertime. It's not severe, however, now I notice that it affects my scalp. The only places that I have it are on my forearms, thighs, and scalp. What is the best solution to clear up this embarrassing problem.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Are you sure that's the correct diagnosis? I have never seen folliculitis on the scalp. And if it is folliculitis, the optimal treatment depends on whether it's bacterial or eosinophilic. I suggest you see a skin doctor for an accurate diagnosis and specific therapy.

A Few White Bumps Just Inside Of My Rectum
No Herpes for 14 months