Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

MAC in the Neck!

I have AIDS and Mac. The Lymph Nodes on both sides of my neck are swollen and painful. I am taking Biaxin and Myambutol, but I would like to know if there is anything else that I can do or take to speed up the recovery process or at the least clear my Frankenstein neck? Thanx-Frankenstein

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The lymph nodes will recede in time, if the only process going on in them is MAC and you are taking your medications faithfully. If you have recently started on combination HIV treatment, your lymph nodes may have become eeven more pronounced. In this setting, that's a good sign, as it means that your immune system is doing its best to control the infection. Meanwhile, try turtlenecks or scarves or something to mask them.

mixed feedback
crptyococcal antigen results