|What Is Candida esophagitis?
Apr 13, 2001
What is candida esophogitis? What syptoms occur? And do all hiv pos get it?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Candida esophagitis is a yeast infection of the lining of the esophagus. Not all HIV+ get this, but it is one of the most common OIs. Symptoms include difficulty and/or pain with swallowing, especially in the mid-chest; a feeling like "food gets stuck" in the mid-chest; and weight loss. You may or may not have a yeast infection of the throat ("thrush") at the same time.
How long can I live
Immune suppression, anal warts
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have AIDS
- Achy Balls After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.