Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

medicine for reducing triglycerides ?

Dear Dr., Is there any medicine for reducing triglycerides which can be bought in normal drug-store? since I'm infected two years agao, my triglycerides increase greatly, I realy duffer from it. Pls give a advice! Thanks!

Mike

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I am not aware of anything over the counter that specifically reduces triglycerides. Overall, the best approach is to adjust your diet to one that is low in fat, especially saturated fat. Even prescription medicines for elevated triglycerides will only be effective in people who stick to a low-fat diet. I think that's a better approach than looking for some magic supplement that will do it all for you.

HIV 1/2 ?
genital ulcerations as part of ARS?