|Can HIV be contracted from a toilet?
Apr 2, 2001
Today I used a public bathroom. I always put paper on the toilet to protect me from germs. When I got up I noticed that there was blood on the paper. It wasn't my blood. So I would like to know if I can get HIV from sitting on a toilet that has blood on it?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Only if: you had a break in the skin where you came into contact with the blood, the blood had a fair amount of HIV in it, and you were extraordinarily unlucky. In short: it's highly unlikely.
Fatigued all the time!
meningococcal disease & ARS?
- Giving Handjob Negative At 16 Weeks
- Does Groin Pain Mean I Have AIDS?
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.