|HIV and Molluscum
Apr 1, 2001
I have tested negative repeatedly while experiencing myriad skin problems: dermatitis, molluscum, folliculitus, etc. I have had molluscum for over three years now, and have some outbreaks on my forehead. Others have been on my torso, and sometimes armpits. The most irritating was around my nose. Do I need to worry about retesting with no further risk factors? I have read that molluscum of the face and neck is more likely a sign of an HIV immune suppressed individual.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Although the problems you've experienced are common in HIV+s, they are not exclusive to HIV and certainly HIV- people can get them as well. If you have tested HIV- repeatedly, then I suggest you stop worrying about the possible connection.
P24 Ag & EIA hiv antibody question
Fatigued all the time!
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.