Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

red spots on lower eyelids

I have recently noticed that I will get red "spots" (like a folliculitus?) on my lower eyelids, it comes, and goes. It doesn't hurt. Is is HIV related? T-Cells around 200, POS, and healthy for 17 years. No HIV meds, yet.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I can't tell what your problem is from your description. Folliculitis occurs on hair-bearing skin (it's an infection of the hair follicle), so it would not be that on the eyelids. I suggest you see your doctor or a skin specialist for a precise diagnosis. I also suggest that you start to think hard about medicine for your HIV. 200 T cells is near the point of immune damage that you will become vulnerable to the kinds of infections that are the hallmark of AIDS at some point in the future. Tou've done fine so far-- it would be nice to keep it that way. Good luck!

Progressive Multifocal Leucoencephalopathy
BULLAE IN RIGHT LUNG