Mar 28, 2001
Doctor Feinberg, does the rash of ars accompany the other symptoms or can it occur by itself? I had an ars type illness starting at 3 wks post exposure that resolved in 9 days. Ten days later I broke out in a rash on my chest and upper back. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The rash of ARS can be the only symptom of new HIV infection, or it can be part of a constellation of symptoms, commonly including things like fever, sore throat, swollen glands, etc. I suppose it is also possible for other symptoms to precede the rash.
Risk to animals?
- Over The Counter Medicine For Thrush On The Vagina
- What Is The Dose Of Remeron For Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Must Hiv Enter A Person's Bloodstream In Order To Infect The Person
- I Am Hiv Positive But No Symptoms
- How Soon Dry Cough Develops In Newly Hiv Positive Person?
- Will Hpv Always Show Up On Std Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.