Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Ars Rash

Doctor Feinberg, does the rash of ars accompany the other symptoms or can it occur by itself? I had an ars type illness starting at 3 wks post exposure that resolved in 9 days. Ten days later I broke out in a rash on my chest and upper back. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The rash of ARS can be the only symptom of new HIV infection, or it can be part of a constellation of symptoms, commonly including things like fever, sore throat, swollen glands, etc. I suppose it is also possible for other symptoms to precede the rash.

small cough
Risk to animals?