Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

HIV POS...

I was wondering.. In June of 97 i was put in the hospital with an unknown sickness they gave me so many antibiotics and my head hurt so bad and my fever stayedat 101. MY docter couldnt find out what was wrong but in feb 99 she tested me and i had been hiv pos. Is that why i was so sick in 97 did i just get it then you think? I heard some get sick right after there infected. How long before about amonth you think some say 6 months. Im just curious when i got this thank you

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It is possible that your illness in 1997 was how your HIV manifested itself, but there is no way now to know for sure. Usually symptoms start 10-21 days after exposure.

liver failure & AIDS
Early HIV Visual Changes (Revised)