Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Throat discomfort

Dear doctor a million thanks for all you do for us!!!!! For the past 4 weeks I have been like my throat is too big for my neck. It is not constant but is there 70 of the time. I think it could be thrush but I can realy see any white spots. There are no lumps that I can feel. Do you have any idea what could be? I have search the forum but I have not been able to find anything that resambles my condition. Just in case Cd4=510, VL 3000. Many Thanks

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I sincerely doubt that your problem could be thrush with such a good CD4 cell count. You may well have ordinary, garden-variety pharyngitis (sore throat). I suggest that you see your doctor to get your throat examined (and cultured for the presence of a germ, if that's necessary).

Could this be a sign of an OI?
liver failure & AIDS