|Could this be a sign of an OI?
Mar 28, 2001
Hi doctor, thanks for your contribution to this highly informative site. I am HIV pos CD count is 616 and viral load is 4900. Recently I spit out a lot of sputum and I have noticed that there is a thick blackish lining in most of the sputum. My chest is sometimes painful but I do not have a cough. I am not exposed to extreme dust or any other such substance. Can you please give me an idea of what this might be, have you ever seen a similar case? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I don't know what is causing to spit out blackish-tinged sputum but it does not sound like an OI and I have not seen a similar case before. I suggest you see your doctor for a more complete history and an exam.
Concerning Rapid Hiv Test
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.