|Concerning Rapid Hiv Test
Mar 25, 2001
Dear Dr. , First, I commend you on your dedication to this forum - your hard work is greatly appreciated, Second, knowing that an Elisa antibody test would be 95-99 accurate at 12 weeks post exposure, I want to ask how accurate would be a RAPID HIV TEST (30 min for the result) at 12 weeks post exposure. Is it the same window period ? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The rapid tests work on the same principles as the standard test, so the 'window period' is the same, regardless of the test.
CMV and Pregnancy
Could this be a sign of an OI?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Achy Balls After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- How Are Genital Warts Contracted?
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.