|Concerning Rapid Hiv Test
Mar 25, 2001
Dear Dr. , First, I commend you on your dedication to this forum - your hard work is greatly appreciated, Second, knowing that an Elisa antibody test would be 95-99 accurate at 12 weeks post exposure, I want to ask how accurate would be a RAPID HIV TEST (30 min for the result) at 12 weeks post exposure. Is it the same window period ? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The rapid tests work on the same principles as the standard test, so the 'window period' is the same, regardless of the test.
CMV and Pregnancy
Could this be a sign of an OI?
- Is Jock Itch A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- In A Cbc Count What Tells You If You Have An Std
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.