|CMV and Pregnancy
Mar 25, 2001
I am now 12 weeks pregnant. I have done my blood tests and found out that I have positive Cytomegalovirus in IGM and IGG . What are the risks for the baby, what precautions should I take, are there any treatments? Thanks for your reply.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Your blood test just means that you have been infected with CMV in the past (it's a common infection). This poses no risk to you or the baby if your immune system is normal. If you have HIV, then specific monitoring is indicated and treatment for HIV is essential.
tonsillitis and hiv
Concerning Rapid Hiv Test
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.