Mar 25, 2001
Can a poz person get shingles from someone else that has broken out with the chicken-pox??
Response from Dr. Feinberg
No. If an HIV+ OR an HIV- person has never had chicken pox and comes into contact with someone who has shingles, what they will get is chicken pox, not the other way around. Shingles is just a reactivation of latent chicken pox virus which remains in the body forever after having chicken pox.
are you infectious to others when you have ARS?
tonsillitis and hiv
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
- Condom Causing Penis Irritation
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.