Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Bleeding from anus

Dear DR Feinberg,

I have an embarrassing problem. For the past 2-3 years when I have been going to the toilet, I have noticed the toilet water is red. Near my anal passage there seems to be a blister of some sort,while it isnt very sore, it concerns me as it wasnt always there. I tend to bleed mainly when I have pooped, sometimes when I wipe myself from back to front, I notice a little blood. I am too embarrased to go to a doctor. Please help me.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I think the greatest likelihood is that your problem is hemorrhoids. But you won't know for certain unless you are seen by a doctor, and it's important to make sure it isn't something else. Hemorrhoids are easily treated. Please deal with your embarassment and see your physician.

HIV Related DVT & Pulmonary Embolism(s)
MAC lung disease