Aug 19, 2003
dear doctors: Can HIV+ people get TB infection if they have received vaccine before infection of HIV? Do they need vaccine again if it is long time ago as a child? thx.
Response from Dr. Wohl
I think you meant this for the forum on opportunistic infections. Regardless, the BCG vaccine against TB is not very effective in adults and is not indicated in HIV infection. Persons with HIV infection can become infected with TB desipte vaccination, no matter when vaccination occured.
Unsure what to think
Response to late treatment
- Natural Remedies For Cytomegalovirus
- Symptoms Of 3rd Stage Hiv
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.