Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

red rash

i am a 40 year old male hiv + for 2 years 18 months taking combivir and sustiva. viral load ondetactable and cd4 1115 sinds about 2 weeks i noticed red spots on my inside arm where my skin is lighter and the are clearly visable. i have been to my doctor who doesn`t think it has anythink to do with hiv but has send me to a dermatologist. it wil take 6 weeks before i have an appointment there. but know i seen them apearing all over my body some days they are more notisable than other. maby not the right thing to do but i am in the sun as mutch as i can to build up a tan so they are not so visable they dont itch and look like smale red dots what can this be ? thank you for your help.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

A picture is worth a thousand words and unfortunately, I don't have a picture. I doubt that the rash is directly related to your HIV, since your T cells are normal and your viral load undetectable. It could be folliculitis, which happens to both HIV+s and HIV-s, if it occurs on areas of hair-bearing skin. You're going to have to wait the 6 weeks for a definitive answer from the skin doctor.

persistent pain after shingles
Visual Changes in Early HIV Infection