Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Bioform for facial wasting

Nelson: I found a surgen that will do Bioform - Radianson on my face for wasting. It should be around 5,000 a 1000 a cc. I hope I am doing the right thing. Help Rick

Bioform (off label formulation: Radiance, not Radianson) is in research trials in the US. It is made of calcium hydroxylapatite which has safely been used in the body for many applications including dental applications where bone build-up is needed for reconstruction and also in block form for cosmetic applications such as cheek, jaw, cranial and chin implants. The manufacturer claims that calcium hydroxylapatite creates a lattice where the surrounding cells can be incorporated from ossification in bony areas to a stable scaffold in which soft tissue can grow.

The manufacturer also claims that with Radiance, the calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres are suspended in a polysaccharide carrier which holds the microspheres in place until it is resorbed and the collagenation takes place. When injected in soft tissue, away from bone, fibroblasts work by building reportedly a non-scar tissue collagen type, thus creating volume in the treatment area.

I have asked a few experts in the field and they say it is harder than all other injectables. It may be good in lipoatrophy when injected deeply,but I have not seen or heard of anyone who has got that much volume injected in their faces. Please check www.facialwasting.org for updates in the near future or email me at TheBody.com Nelson

From http://lipaugmentation.com/microimplants.htm#Radiance

Si cambio de ziagen a azt me dara anemia?
Lipodystrophy risk with med regimen, future expectations, habit change suggestions