|HIV+ and kidney transplant
Mar 8, 2001
Can a dyalisis patient and HIV+ (undetectable viral load for past 3 years, otherwise healthy and strong) get a kidney transplant. Where, who to contact? NYC area
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Some medical centers have recently started to offer transplants to HIV+s. I'm not aware that anyone in New York has done this yet, but transplants have been done at Univ. of Pittsburgh and the Cleveland Clinic. I'd start by contacting one of the centers already performing transplants and see what guidance they can give you as to more local places.
LOW T-Cell Count
more questions about HIV & sarcoidosis
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.