Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tremor in Hand, progressive symptoms
Mar 7, 2001

My husband is 31 yrs old and was diagnosed with HIV in July of '99. At that time his VL=>500,000, CD4=48, he had PCP and weighed 156 lbs at 6' tall. He started taking Crixivan and Combivir and Bactrim immediately. His numbers now are VL=undetectable and CD4=420, weighs 200 lbs, and stopped taking bactrim. He's been doing very well, but recently some things haven't seemed quite right. His memory isn't as good as it used to be. He has night sweats every so often. He has complained about tingling in his hands that comes and goes. This last weekend, he had a spell where his left hand shook so bad he couldn't eat with it. It was gone after 5 - 10 sec. I'm just wondering if this could be a sign of something worse coming. I plan on bringing this to his doc's attention at his next quarterly numbers appt. in 2 weeks. Until then, I was hoping for some information so that I can prepare questions and concerns. Thank you so much for your help now, and in the past.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I am not sure what's going on with your husband. He needs a thorough physical exam including neurologic function, and probably a CT or MRI scan of the brain for starters. It is also possible that his symptoms are not due to an HIV-associated illness, but to something else. Good luck! Let me know what happens.

Previous
pnuemonia of unknown origin
Next
Incubation Period of Cryptococcal Meniningitis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.