|HIV through fellatio?
Mar 5, 2001
I recently had a brief encounter with a female sex worker in Vietnam who performed oral sex on me/my penis for less than 30 seconds. Four weeks later I developed a sore throat which has persisted for more than 4 weeks. It is now 8 weeks since the event took place and I do not have peace of mind, but fear that I may have contracted HIV. I tested negative a few days ago but will repeat the test in approx. 5 weeks time (3 months after the incident). Should I worry...?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
impact of MS on HIV test accuracy?
- Brief Unprotected Fellatio And Std
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.