|why do my stools float?
Mar 5, 2001
Hello, I sometimes, maybe once a week have stools that float. is this common in hiv + people? and if not what is it that causes this? Thanks
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Stools usually float because they have fat in them, which makes them lighter than the water. One reason for this is malabsorption, which means that your gut isn't absorbing all the nutrients in your food. There are a number of causes of malabsorption, and in some cases, this has been linked to HIV effects on the gut by a process of elimination, meaning no other cause can be found.
+ mono test and HIV
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- The Symptoms Of Stomach Pain And Hot Flashes
- Are Monocytes High Or Low With Hiv?
- Does HIV Die When Diluted In Water?
- How Long Will I Live Without Treatment For HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.