Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Is is true?

Dear Dr., i have been +ve for last 2 years and not in med. I have not come across with OIs. I can not afford medicine however, i am trying my best to be healthy. However, from last one week all of sudden i developed pin and needle on my sole and palm. furthermore, i developed leg pain including ankle. even my weight became burden to my heels. heel sore, pin and needles and burning feeling which i am having from last 2 weeks. Does this means that my end day is near?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It sounds like you have developed peripheral neuropathy (damage to the longest nerves in the body). Although there is no way to cure this, there are relatively inexpensive medicines that may take care of the pain. Try to find out what amitriptyline ot nortriptyline would cost-- these medicines have been around for a long time and may be affordable.

Take heart-- your end day is not near, but you will be much more comfortable if you can take care of the discomfort. Good luck!

Re: Sed Rate
KS Question