|Cidofovir as Treatment for PML
Feb 25, 2001
I have heard that Cidofovir is being used as a treatment for PML. Is this true? Are there any other new meds. for treating PML, other than agressive "HAART" therapy.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Cidofovir is experimental for treating PML. A recent non-randomized study did not find significant benefit, but good responses have been reported in some cases. At this time, aggressive HAART is the best bet, but cidofovir can be tried as well.
rectal bump-- what is a hemorrhoid?
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Do Condoms Cause Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.