Feb 25, 2001
I have Molluscum contagiosum. Can you tell me how long it will last and what is the best way to treat it. How contagis is it and what steps should I take to keep from spreading futher on myself and keep my fanily from getting it. Thank you
Response from Dr. Feinberg
There are a number of treatment for molluscum which typically involve destroying the lesions, for example, with liquid nitrogen which freezes them off. They have a tendency to recur. It is not that contagious and is usually spread by close contact. Probably the most reasonable thing you could do would be to avoid sharing personal care items such as towels, washcloths, etc with others.
Cidofovir as Treatment for PML
- How Long Does It Take For Blood Test Results For Hiv To Come Back?
- How Many Pills A Day Does Someone With Hiv And Aids Take?
- Aids Hiv Myths Facts And Truths
- Can A Heterosexual Man Catch Hiv From A Woman?
- Can Having Herpes Give A False Positive Hiv Test Result?
- Have There Been Any Cases Of Transmission Of Hiv By Skin Contact
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.