Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

GI troubles

I've been having trouble with stomach pain and diarrhea for just over a month now. T-cells 40, vl 125,000. Doc prescribed Lomotil and says to let him know if it gets worse. The pain is located just to the left of my bellybutton. I also experience a sense of urgency (no opportunity to delay trips to the restroom)and am having stools at least 10 times a day. It even wakes me from sleep at night. I haven't traveled anywhere, but we do have untreated spring water and have been renovating an old barn lately. These are the only "risk" factors I know of. What should I do?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Diarrheal stools at least 10 times a day sounds like "worse" to me. You need to have your stool tested for a source of infection, which may have come from your untreated well water. Please see your doctor again and ask for a complete set of stools studies ("C&S", "O&P", "C. diff" and special stains for microsporidia and cryptosporidia. Good luck!

oral sex and STDs
Molluscum contagiosum