Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

treatment for persistent candida vaginitis?

Hi doctor, is there anything else besides clotrimazole that I can use vaginally for persistent thrush. I have heard that yoghurt can be used but I'm concerned that it might have something in it that could cause another infection. I always have to wear a pad and the top of my legs burn. I believe that a sensitivity to the cream may be developing also. It gives me terrible night mares when I use it at night.

Any advice appreciated.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Optimizing medications for HIV can go a long way to clearing up persistent vaginal candidiasis (thrush). When topical medications such as clotrimazole and nystatin don't work, a brief course of fluconazole by mouth is usually effective.

Kandi Kane
oral sex and STDs