Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Kandi Kane
Feb 25, 2001

DEAR DR.IF YOU HAVE A WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT OF 1.6 AND YOUR T-HELPER COUNT IS 75 AND YOUR DR. TAKES YOU OFF ALL HIV MEDS AND YOU HAVE PNEUMONIA OR MAYBE BRONCITUS,ALSO THERE IS BLEEDING FROM THE VAGIANA AREA,PLEASE EXCUSE MY SPELLING, BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE NO ANSWERS FROM ANY SOURCES WE ARE DEALING WITH. IKNOW YOU SAY NOT TO GET PERSONAL, BUT WE HVE BEEN GOING THRU THIS FOR 14 YEARS NOW. WE ARE PUSHED FROM ONE DR. TO ANOTHER. THE WORST OF ALL ,OTHER THAN THE HIV IS THAT IT WAS THRU A BLOOD TRANSFUSION FROM THE UNITED STATES GOVERENMENT HOSPITAL AND IT TOOK THEM 18 MONTHS TO CONTACT US TO INFORM US THAT 3 OUT OF 4 UNITS OF BLOOD WAS HIV CONTAMINATED.WE HAVE NO INSURANCE BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SUE THE GOVERENMENT ON NEGLECT. SOME STUPID RULE BROUGHT HERE FROM THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND. WHERE ARE ALL THE HONEST LAWYERS AND DR.S TO HELP PEOPLE LIKE US?WE HAD A LAWSUIT AGAINST THE U.S. GOVEREENMENT FOR 10 MILLION DOLLARS, BUT IT NEVER MADE IT OUT OF EXPLOROTY? THE F.B.I. CAME TO OUR HOMETOWN. NOW YOU TELL ME WHY IT WAS WHERE NO LAWYER WILL EVEN TALK, AND NO DR. EVEN CARES. I UNDERSTAND IF YOU DON'T ANSWER,BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER BEEN ON THE COMPUTER,AS YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL.THIS PERSON IS MY 30 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHO HAD ABABY AT A MILTARY HOSPITAL AND AND THE WORST OF ALL IS HER HGB COUNT WAS AT 11 WHEN THEY GAVE HER 4 UNITS OF BLOOD. I HAVE EVEN WRITTEN TO THE STATE LEADERS ,BUT NO ANSWER. THIS WAS IN 1987. WELL THANKS IF YOU HAVE THE TIME TO READ OR ANSWER THIS. MOST DON;T WANT TO GET INVOLVED. WHERE IS ELTON JOHN OR JAMI CURTIS. THEY WERE SO GREAT IN THERE HELP WITH THERE FRIENDS WHO HAD THIS TERRIBLE DISEASE. ONE THING FOR CERTAAIN IS GOD IS THE CURE.AND GETS YOU THRU. MOTHER IN FLORIDA.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

No doubt this has been a tragedy and a source of frustration to you and your daughter. Since I'm not a lawyer, I won't even try to address that part of your message.

But it sounds like you two need answers that you're not getting. Is it possible to see another doctor, even if you have to travel a bit to get there? There are many experienced HIV physicians in Florida. I don't know why your daughter's doctor took her off all her HIV meds with such a low T cell count, but perhaps they weren't working or she had become resistant. Was a resistance test done when she was still on the medicines? Good luck!

Previous
owning a rabbit
Next
treatment for persistent candida vaginitis?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.