Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Nodules on Lungs

About eight weeks ago I had a CT scan and it was discovered that I have both PCP and a CMV related pneumonia. They also saw one medium sized nodule on one lung. My CD4 count is 90 and my VL is 250,243. A few days ago I had another CT scan and the pneumonias are better, but the nodule has grown and there are additionall about 5 or 6 new nodules. What could these nodules be? I haven't seen any documentation on them and I haven't heard of others having them. Have you heard of this? Any idea what it is? Thank you in advance for answering.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

These nodules could be another infection or a cancer, such as Kaposi sarcoma. You should be evaluated further to find out what is causing these nodules. Good luck!

Baffled by Breathing Problems Con't.
Lymphoma and Autoimmune disease